Timber Drying Specifications
· Green: any timber with a moisture content greater than 25%.
· Air dried: any timber with a moisture content between 25% and 12%
· Kiln Dried: any timber with a moisture content less than 12%
12 cubic metres
1 cubic metre containing uniform:
· Moisture content
(Must be stackable and load bearing)
Optimum height: 1.1 metres
Optimum width: 1.2 metres
Minimum width: 1 metre
Maximum width: 1.2 metres
Drying from Green:
We do not kiln dry from green. We have an air drying service.
Timber can air dry in our yard in a variety of ways:
· Uncovered: $22.00 per cubic metre per year (not recommended).
· Under plastic roof: $33.00 per cubic metre per year.
· Shade cloth sides: $44.00 per cubic metre per year.
Service only available for timber to be kiln dried by PD Woodcraft.
Minimum charge: one year.
Kiln dried timber storage:
Igloo: $100.00 per cubic metre per year (when available).
To kiln dry we can:
· Dock to 3.6 metres
· Dry up to 5.5 metres in length in our Heater Bag. Click here for more information.
Extra charges apply to both options.
Factors affecting time frame:
· Minimal kiln drying is done during winter.
· Fire season bylaws.
· A run of clear weather needed for loading/unloading.
Call to discuss time frame for next round of drying.
$44.00m3 Racking (extra to drying)
$99.00m3 Unrack, dock, tally and wrap/strap (extra to drying)
$44.00m3 Unrack and wrap/strap (extra to drying)
$121.00m3 > 1.0m softwood—25% to 10% (excluding racking and packing)
$350.90m3 > 1.0m hardwood—25% to 10% (excluding racking and packing)
A surcharge applies to drying outside of our normal parametres (ie <1.0m3 or >3.6m in length or >25% moisture content).
All prices include GST.
Timber is stored at owners risk of natural disaster.
Thank you for taking the time to consider our timber drying specifications.
To browse through all
of our services click here.
My drying job doesn't fit within these specifications.
For urgent and/or abnormal orders we may have another option. Click here to read about it.